Looking to up your Sparcade skills? Follow these important tips and never get left behind!
1. Stay in a match to score big:
Once you start a match, the game timer will never stop counting down. Phone calls or a poor connection can interrupt gameplay but will not pause the timer. Remember to set your phone to Do Not Disturb mode and respond to calls or texts once you reach the match results screen in order to achieve the best score!
Once you finish the match and arrive at the leaderboard, your score is secure. Feel free to play another game or come back later – we will notify you once the match closes.
What happens if I leave or get disconnected during a match?
A poor connection or phone call can interrupt gameplay.
- If you leave the app, you can return to the game if there is still time on the clock.
- If there is no time left on the clock but you return within 15 minutes, your score will be submitted.
- If you leave the app for more than 15 minutes or if you close the Sparcade app (by clearing it from your background or turning off the phone) during an active game, you will receive a score of 0.
Stay in it to win it, and make sure you have enough time to play a match before you start one!
2. Do Not Disturb – Follow these extra steps!
Simply tapping Do Not Disturb will not prevent interruptions.
Check out these 5 quick steps to prevent interruptions:
- Tap on the iOS Settings icon.
- Tap on “Do Not Disturb”.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Silence” and change the setting from “Only while iPhone is locked” to “Always”.
- If you don’t want people to be able to break through “Do Not Disturb” by calling right back, toggle off the “Repeat Calls” feature as well. When you are finished, your screen should look like the above.
- Finally, tap the moon icon in your Control Center to make sure no calls come through.
Once you’re done playing, remember to disable Do Not Disturb mode!
3. Skill Matching – keeping it fun and fair.
Sparcade utilizes a Skill-Matching system to ensure that for each game you are competing against players who are of a similar skill level. This is determined for each game by win ratio, scores, and more.
Your opponents’ Fame Tiers do not imply skill level.
During your matches you will probably see players with varying Fame Tiers, indicated by the number under their avatar and stars around their portrait. Fame is Sparcade’s version of XP (experience points) and reflects how much someone plays across Sparcade, NOT how skilled they are. Outside of playing matches, you can earn Fame through Fan Mail, Goals, and the Daily Login Bonus.
Take note: Friend Challenges
Keep in mind that when you challenge a friend, the Sparcade Skill-Matching system is not used.
4. Create an account for perks & peace of mind.
- Access your winnings from real-money matches!
- Save your progress, including Fame, Fans, Goal Sets, and your Friends List.
- Log in on all your compatible devices.
5. Warm up with practice matches.
Before you play for real money, you may want to warm up with a practice match. Check out the practice match limits for each game on our FAQ page. If you reach a limit, make your practice pay off in a real-money match, or try a different game.
6. Prize Pools – show me the money!
Prize pools are fixed at the start of each game. The top scoring player will always walk away with the most winnings.
Depending on the match type, there may be large prizes for players who don’t finish in first.
All players will always earn a consolation prize in a real-money match as a special thanks for competing.
7. Supported Devices
At this time, Sparcade is only available on iOS devices (though an Android version is in the works!). The minimum iOS version supported is 8.0. Make sure to have at least 1 gigabyte of RAM for optimal performance. We recommend using the following devices (or higher) to play:
- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 6th generation
- iPad 3
- iPad mini 2